FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 12, 2015
Contact: Elyse Walter, 517-284-5839 or Ed Golder, 517-284-5815
Conversations & Coffee with DNR Fisheries Division scheduled throughout state
The Department of Natural Resources has announced it will again this spring offer public forums throughout Michigan, inviting the public to discuss local and statewide fisheries management activities and concerns.
Conversations & Coffee with DNR Fisheries Division will take place in each of the eight DNR management units that oversee Michigan’s fisheries. The purpose of these forums is to allow the public to meet managers and biologists, discuss local issues and management activities, and get specific questions answered.
These informal forums also will make information available on local and statewide regulations affecting anglers. Refreshments will be provided.
Meeting dates, times and locations include:
- Southern Lake Michigan Management Unit
- Monday, March 30, 7 to 8 p.m. (EST) at Cabela’s, 3000 44th St. SW in Grandville
- Central Lake Michigan Management Unit
- Wednesday, April 15, 7 to 9 p.m. (EST) at the Carl T. Johnson Hunting & Fishing Center, 6087 M-115 inCadillac
- Northern Lake Michigan Management Unit
- Thursday, April 2, 6:30 to 8 p.m. (CST) at Bay College West Campus (Room 321 A) in Iron Mountain
- Lake Erie Management Unit
- Tuesday, April 21, 6 to 8 p.m. (EST) at Clinton-Macomb Public Library (Room B), 40900 Romeo Plank Road in Clinton Township
- Southern Lake Huron Management Unit
- Tuesday, May 5, 7 to 8:30 p.m. (EST) at Saginaw Bay Visitor Center, 3582 State Park Drive in Bay City
- Northern Lake Huron Management Unit
- Thursday, April 9, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (EST) at Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary, 500 W. Fletcher St. in Alpena
- Eastern Lake Superior Management Unit
- Tuesday, April 7, 7 to 8:30 p.m. (EST) at Tahquamenon Area Public Library, 700 Newberry Ave. in Newberry
- Monday, April 13, 7 to 8:30 p.m. (EST) at Sydney’s Restaurant (Grand Island Room), 400 Cedar St. in Munising
- Western Lake Superior Management Unit
- Tuesday, March 24, 7 to 9 p.m. (EST) at Ishpeming Township Hall, 1575 U.S. 41 in Ishpeming
- Wednesday, March 25, 6 to 8 p.m. (CST) at Gogebic Community College, E. 4946 Jackson Road in Ironwood
- Thursday, March 26, 7 to 9 p.m. (EST) at Portage Lake District Library, 58 Huron St. in Houghton
Do you like this post?