- Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 12:00 PM
- PRIMITIVE ARCHERY EASTER EGG HUNT in Hopkins, MI
NOT SURE ON PRICE, CALL JOHN 616-262-0512
- Friday, May 05, 2017 at 12:00 PM – May 08, 2017
- SPRING SHOOT (MUZZLE LOADING RIFLE, SKEET AND TRAP) in Hopkins, MI $20.00 USD
MUZZLE LOADING RIFLE ON THE LINE AND IN THE WOODS. ALSO MUZZLE LOADING SKEET AND TRAP. SEE PROGRAM ON THE WEB SITE AT www.gvcnb.org
WE HAVE SINGLE AND FAMILY PRICES FOR RIFLE AND SHOTGUN
located south west of Dorr Michigan. West of Dorr on 14nd avenue and south 3 1/2 miles on 26th Street
On Saturday, May 6th at 9am, we will be meeting at the Gwinn DNR Field Office. After volunteers have arrived, we will head to the tree planting sites located near Co Hwy 557 & Little West Rd north of Arnold, MI. This project will involve planting 200 crab apple trees in the Gwinn State Forest located in southern Marquette County. Ground structures will also be placed around the trees to protect them from browse by deer, turkey, and other wildlife in the area that will benefit from their soft mast production.
All tools, work gloves, water, lunch, and a free T-shirt will be provided by all volunteers! Please RSVP below to volunteer and receive project site directions as well as any event updates!
- Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 09:00 AM
- Grayling State Forest-Frederic Orchard in Grayling, MI
On Saturday, May 20th at 9am, we will be meeting at the Grayling State Forest Field Office for an apple tree pruning project at the Frederic Orchard. The apple orchard is 300 acres and will require several years of maintenance projects. This project will improve habitat for the areas whitetail deer, black bear, turkey, and small game by creating cover with brush piles and improving soft mast production of the apple trees.
All tools, safety gear, water and lunch, as well as a free T-Shirt will be provided for all volunteers by MUCC. Please RSVP below to volunteer for apple tree pruning in the Grayling State Forest!
- Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 09:00 AM
- SPORTING CLAYS in Hopkins, MI $15.00 USD
STARTING IN THE WOODS AND ACROSS THE TRAP RANGES AND SKEET FIELDS AND ENDING UP IN THE WOODS. THIS IS APPROXIMATELY A 200 YARD WALK. WE THROW THE BIRDS FOR YOU, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS KEEP SCORE. A BIRD WILL BE SHOWN TO THE GROUP AT EACH STATION BEFORE SHOOTING.
- Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 12:00 PM – May 22, 2017
- TRADE GUN EVENT AT GRAND VALLEY CAP N BALLERS in Hopkins, MI
THERE WILL BE MATCHES ON THE LINE AND IN THE WOODS. COMPONENTS WILL BE GIVEN AS PRIZES
GIVE DENNIS A CALL FOR PRIZES AND MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM 517-852-0939 OR LARRY 269-793-3265
- Friday, June 02, 2017 at 09:00 AM – June 04, 2017
- SKEET & TRAP TERRITORIALS (MUZZLE LOADING) in Hopkins, MI
REGISTRATION PLUS BIRD COST. ALSO WILL BE RE-ENTRY MATCHES WITH COMPONENTS AS PRIZES. AN EVENT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
- Saturday, June 03, 2017 at 12:00 PM – June 05, 2017
- CLUB SHOOT SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, MEETING 2:30 PM SUNDAY in Hopkins, MI
SHOTGUN TRAP AND SKEET SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. JUST PAY FOR THE ROUND
SATURDAY PRIMITIVE BOW IN THE MORNING AND AIR RIFLE IN THE AFTERNOON
SUNDAY WOODS WALK IN THE MORNING AND LINE AT NOON
SUNDAY AT 2:30 PM MEETING
ALL ARE WELCOME, YOU NEED NOT BE A MEMBER
- Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 09:00 AM
- MODERN SPORTING CLAYS in Hopkins, MI $15.00 USD
50 BIRD COURSE OF SPORTING CLAY'S. START IN THE WOODS DOWN ACROSS THE 3 TRAP FIELD, 5 STAND, SKEET RANGE AND INTO THE WOODS. THERE IS A CHANGED IN THE COURSE EVERY MONTH. THE APPROXIMATE LENGTH OF THE COURSE IS 200 YARDS.
THERE IS PLENTY OF PARKING IN THE AREA.
GO WEST OF DORR TO 26TH STREET AND SOUTH ABOUT 3 1/2 MILES OR WEST OF WAYLAND TO 26TH STREET AND NORTH ABOUT 1/2 MILE